Now you can have your milk and cookies at he same time! Inspired by Dominique Ansel Bakery, these milk and cookie shots are delicious!
For the cookies:
1 cup shortening
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light-brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the cookie shots:
1 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups milk (or vanilla almond milk)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease your baking molds. (I use muffin tins)
2) In a large bowl, combine your shortening/sugars/egg yolk/vanilla all together and mix with a blender to save time (I promise I won’t tell anyone you cheated)!
3) Slowly add your flour and salt until the mixture forms a dough (it will be slightly crumbly since it is a cross between a shortbread and cookie). Mix in your mini chips by hand until evenly distributed.
4) Form your cookies inside either aluminum “shot glass molds” or just use simple muffin tins. Be sure to make the walls of the dough about 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before baking.
5) Bake your molds for about 20 minutes, they are ready when they just start to brown. Remove from the oven, and let cool completely.
Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave. The original recipe calls for dark chocolate chips, but I used milk chocolate chips. Just pick whichever kind you like best! Pour the melted chocolate into the molds, filling them up about half way. Let the chocolate sit and absorb for about a minute, and then pour the excess chocolate back into your bowl. Chill the cookie shots until the chocolate has set.
6) Combine your milk and vanilla extract and poor inside each cookie shot. You can also use vanilla flavored almond milk which is delicious!
Eat and Enjoy! Share this with your friends on Facebook if you think these cookie shots sound amazing!
To view Original Recipe And Instructions Visit Popsugar